[ltp] T41: Terminating Fglrx causes Radeon FB to be mangled

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 11:22:54 +0200

At Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:11:31 +0100,
Felix E. Klee wrote:
> X runs fine, and I'm already used to several features of this X
> server, so I don't want to change it.

If there's no solution other than switching back to the "radeon" driver
included in X.org 6.8.2, I'd like to know (chip is a Radeon 9000):

1. Does the radeon driver support DVI for an external screen at
  1280x720 (HDTV)?

2. Does the radeon driver support dual head configurations?  I like
  these when giving presentations, so that I can have notes on the
  internal screen and the presentation on the external screen/beamer.

3. Can Powerplay be emulated by using rovclock?  Currently, I have my
  system automatically select one of two modes, depending on whether
  it's on battery power or not:

  $ aticonfig --lsp
    core/mem      [flags]
  1: 110/110 MHz  [low voltage]
  2: 252/200 MHz  [default state]

  Is "rovclock -c 110 -m 110" the same as "aticonfig
  --set-powerstate=1"?

4. ATI's driver can be used in conjunction with VMware in order to have
  basic Direct3D features in a Windows VM mapped to OpenGL on the LINUX
  host.  Is this also possible with the "radeon" driver?

--
Felix E. Klee