[ltp] Hibernate?

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:22:25 -0800 (PST)

So, Norman Walsh wrote:
> / mario <mario@schmut.com> was heard to say:
> |> Sweet. So I used it again a few days later and it got part way
> through |> resuming and just came to a stop.
> |
> | I had this experience and found after quite some googling that getting
> rid | of the splash screen fixed the problem. I wish i had more details
> but | couldn't find them.
> | my relevant menu.lst entry:
> |
> | kernel  /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-10-686 root=/dev/hda1 ro quiet
> | initrd  /boot/initrd.img-2.6.12-10-686
>
> Aha! I almost always turn off that $@%#&*! graphic splash nonsense, but
> it comes back everytime Dapper installs a new kernel. I'll see if things
> work better when it's off.

in the menu.lst ~ line 84 set the nonaltoptions to what you want your
kernel params to be:
## nonaltoption boot targets option
## This option controls options to pass to only the
## primary kernel menu item.
## You can have ONLY one nonaltoptions line
# nonaltoptions=quiet

It specifiies the default options when menu.lst is generated.
Then run update-grub which is what the upgrade runs to see if it worked by
looking at the generated menu.lst.

mario;>