[ltp] email etiquette (was A21p problems)

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:53:07 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006, Bob Hutchinson wrote:

[deleted]

Perhaps I'm too old, and this is no longer taught to people when they
take up email, but this is a mailing list: There is no need (nor is it
desirable) to include some 60 odd lines of quoted text to make a 4 line
reply. We all have the old messages, and can go and look at the original
either in our own accounts or in an archive if we need to. It is perfectly
acceptable to trim the message you are replying to down to just a few
relevant lines when responding. I wasn't going to say anything, but lots of
people seem to be doing this lately and it's quite annoying wading through
the same quoted text over and over again while reading the list...

End Transmission.