[ltp] fedora 5 on T43p

Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:22:02 -0300

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006, Pino Giaquinto wrote:
> WARNING: DO NOT TRY I2C & LMSENSORS ON YOUR THINKPAD, IT WILL PROBABLY HOSE
> YOUR EEPROM

AFAIK, there have been no reports of such damage on the T43 using recent
lmsensors.  But lmsensors is useless on a ThinkPad anyway.

What I can tell you is that a Debian Sarge installation will NOT enable
lm-sensors, so that one is perfectly safe.  As for RedHat, I suppose the T43
itself is safe againt that problem, but I am *not* going to claim it, as I
did not test it myself.

  Henrique Holschuh