[ltp] From Jiang: DRI gone after xorg update?

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 5 May 2006 11:31:02 -0400

Hi All:
For some reason after an xorg update from ubuntu hoary to fix the
infamous security bug(I thought it was just for 6.9-7.0 series), but dri
using fglrx no longer works.  I reinstalled fglrx, rebooted computer and
tried everything. But the fglrxinfo keeps showing:
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: Mesa project: www.mesa3d.org
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa GLX Indirect
OpenGL version string: 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1)
And glxgears score is in 300 instead of 1400fps before,

However from xorg log file there's clearly a line saying:
(II) fglrx(0): DRI initialization successfull!
What's the problem? I'm out of ideas.
This is a ubuntu hoary with xorg 6.8.2-10.2 fglrx 8.23.7 and kernel
2.6.15.7 patched with suspend-to-ram. the card is a Radeon Mobility
X300(M22).

For the full xorg log file see
http://physics.harvard.edu/~jqian/Xorg.0.log
Thanks a lot in advance for any idea.