[ltp] T60 Fan in battery mode vs. ac connected

Christian Panten linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 16 May 2006 12:20:36 +0200

Hello,

I am using gentoo on a T60.
Using my thinkpad in the battery mode the fan seems to run all the time.
If I connect it to ac the fan reduces its rotation until it stops.

I installed the ibm-acpi and the kpowersave package.

Is there anything I can do to reduce the fan rotation in the battery mode?
In my opinion it doesn't make sense to run the fan with a higher rotation in the battery mode than in an ac connection. Is that correct?

Best regards
Christian
--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer