[ltp] wifi0 problems

Bert Haskins linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 23 May 2006 09:55:50 -0400

Lorenco Trichardt wrote:

>I had similar issues:
>
>Use ndiswrapper and the windows drivers... wpasupplicant & madwifi does not
>seem to be working well.... It auth's but then lose the connection...

I've had many problems with both of these combinations ... hard to get a
connection, and then it will
lose it, and then hard to get it back.

Wpasupplicant & madwifi worked great for me with with FC3 and FC4,
in fact, I have had to reinstall Fc4 on a couple of systems because of
not being able to get satisfactory wireless operations.

Whats with the kmod-src for madwifi and ndiswrapper having 4 separate versions?
There are many different rpms listed for madwifi and ndiswrapper (kmod)(kmdl)(hal-kmdl)
how are we supposed to know which ones to use?