[ltp] R50e suspend script testing

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 24 May 2006 11:04:45 +0200

Hi all,

I did not find a satisfying solution to suspend the R50e on the net, so I
partly wrote my own script. It is not 100% stable, therefore I would be
glad if R50e-owners could test it. Here is the script:

#!/bin/bash
/bin/sync
/sbin/rmmod uhci-hcd
/sbin/rmmod ehci-hcd
/usr/bin/chvt 1
# unload modem driver...
hsfstop

vbetool vbestate save > /var/cache/video.state
cat /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0 > /var/cache/video.config
hdparm -y /dev/hda
echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
cat /var/cache/video.config > /proc/bus/pci/00/02.0
cat /var/cache/video.state | vbetool vbestate restore
vbetool post
rm -rf /var/cache/video.config
rm -rf /var/cache/video.state
/usr/bin/chvt 7
/sbin/modprobe uhci-hcd
/sbin/modprobe ehci-hcd
exit 0

The script was working great while running on battery for a long time but
there are still some display issues. Thanks for testing!

Regads,
Csaba

--
Macskasi Csaba