[ltp] R31 Ubuntu (Breezy) K3b & Gnomebaker fail after one successful burn

Thu, 25 May 2006 02:42:36 -0400

I've been burning ISO images on to CD-R with the TEAC CD-W28E with my
R31 running Ubuntu (Breezy).   There's 1 GB RAM inside.

I always burn the first ISO of the login session successfully.
Almost every attempt afterwards fails to burn an ISO.

In K3b, I get an error 255.   Using TAO as suggested fails to change
the behavior.   I still get an error 255.

Gnomebaker may work, but after burning, it will fail to fixate
(finalize?) the CD-R.

Restarting the laptop lets me burn one more ISO before re-booting again.

What should I tweak or examine to resolve this problem?

Thanks for reading.