[ltp] Tips on adding bluetooth to a T23?

John Shane linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 4 Nov 2006 11:08:50 -0500

Running Xubuntu on a T23.  Anyone have advice on adding bluetooth
capabilities to a T23? I would like to sync my Palm via bluetooth if
I can, as well as use a bluetooth mouse.  I see that there
are USB dongles and PCMCIA cards as well as internal cards that can be
used. It looks like using an internal card would require shuffling
the present NIC and wireless cards, if it would even work, and mean
giving up the internal modem. A PC card seems like the way to go
instead of keeping track of a USB dongle but don't have any idea of
the comparative power usage or how well one functions compared to
the other.  Anyone have good experience with a particular bluetooth
card in a ThinkPad with Linux?

Thanks, John