[ltp] radeon thinkpads LCD plus DVI port

Tue, 3 Oct 2006 19:49:38 +0300

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 05:02:16PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 10/2/06, Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> wrote:
> >Hello.
> >
> >On Mon, 2006-10-02 at 16:15, Alex Deucher wrote:
> >> I know several of you out there have radeon-based thinkpads and have
> >> wanted to use the DVI port on the docking station in conjunction with
> >> the built in panel.  I finally got one of the said setups and and with
> >> the ati driver from git head LVDS plus internal TMDS now work properly
> >> together.
> >
> >Yeah, thanks a lot. I will start to test this tomorrow. Just a
> >question how long i need to compile X. I inform you once i have the
> >first results.
>=20
> If you are using xorg 7.1, all you need to grab is the xf86-video-ati
> module from git and your distro's xorg-devel packages.

Doesn't work for me on Ubuntu Edgy: autogen.sh aborts with

  src/Makefile.am: installing `./compile'
  src/Makefile.am: installing `./depcomp'
  Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
  autoreconf: automake failed with exit status: 1

I have xserver-xorg-dev 1:1.1.1-0ubuntu11.  In fact, I have all the
dependencies needed for Ubuntu's xserver-xorg-video-ati package.

As far as I can tell the problem is that aclocal generates an aclocal.m4
file that doesn't define BUILD_LINUXDOC.  Am I missing some package?
The Ubuntu ati driver package doesn't run autoconf/automake during build
time; it ships with a pre-generated 'configure' script.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Think different? I'd be happy if most people would just think...

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--