[ltp] Re: radeon thinkpads LCD plus DVI port

Uwe Bonnes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 23:09:10 +0000 (UTC)

Stefan Schmidt <stefan@sostec.de> wrote:

> The result is the same as on my last attempt. I have 2680x1050
> available, but the external monitor display nothig. Just stay black,
> but not in standby.

> Sidenote: If i choose LVDS rightoff TDMS I can't see thze login mask
> in gdm. LVDS leftoff TDMS gives me the login back. Should be not
> related to the driver, but by design of gdm.

Have a look at the Pixel Timing your 1600x1200 LCD Panel reports via DDC.

There are stupid monitors out there, like my Fujitsu Siemens P20-2. It
reports incredible high sync values, like used for old CRT monitors. If this
recommended pixel timing is used, like at least XOrg 6.9 does, this results
in incredible high pixel frequencies. This results in the TMDS transmitter
to (temporary) shut off.

Bye