[ltp] Re: IBM/Lenovo policy on Linux ThinkPad support, vs. competition

Pavel Machek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 19:36:19 +0200

Hi!

> IBM, Lenovo, observe how your competitors are handling Linux support
> on their machines.

> And no, we don't want meaningless "yes it boots" certifications [2]
> and buggy closed-source drivers [3]  that work only on a specific

I think it is sad. Lenovo tries to paint itself as a friend of linux
(hey, here are our binary modules)... while doing big damage to linux
community (binary only modules!).. and also probably doing illegal
thing (GPL violation)...

Lenovo, can you release specifications, instead of crappy binary
modules?

								Pavel