[ltp] Re: [HW troubleshooting] No longer runs when undocked... :-/

Daniel Déchelotte linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 22:21:07 +0200

Hi there,

Daniel Déchelotte a écrit :

> I have a mini-dock station and my T41 runs fine when docked. When I
> undock it though, or when I boot it undocked, it freezes in a matter
> of seconds or minutes. [...]

[Back from vacation,] I could isolate the problem. The docking station
"bends" the TP in such a way that it works. When the laptop lays flat
on a desk, it doesn't work. When it is docked, slightly raising (by
less than 1cm) either of the two corners in the back is enough to make
it freeze.

So I have two quick questions (and little hope :-/) :

1_ Is it enough evidence to prove that the mother board is faulty, or
could it be something else?

2_ Is there a way to acquire another MoBo?

--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/