[ltp] buying a new Thinkpad

Tue, 17 Oct 2006 18:41:31 +0300

--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 11:02:42AM +0200, Igor V. Rafienko wrote:
> >Anybody else achieved so few power consumption on his X31 in=20
> >suspend-to-ram? 255mW would make suspend-to-disk really obsolete.

I've always considered suspend-to-disk to be obsolete ;)

Time to revisit
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep
I guess.

> The power drain is measured through tp_smapi (in its simplest form,
> read the battery capacity, take the time and suspend. Upon wakeup,
> read the battery capacity, take the time and calculate the result).

There was a script on that thinkwiki page.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Funny, I never thought I'd find myself agreeing with a statement
containing both "lambda" and "more readable" ;^)
	-- Casey Duncan

--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW

--RIYY1s2vRbPFwWeW--