[ltp] Wireless problems with linux on T60 (1951-A31)

Brad Langhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 31 Oct 2006 09:20:01 -0500

On Mon, 2006-10-30 at 08:31 -0600, Jeff Haney wrote:
> I recently got a new T60 (1951-A31) and I've been trying to get linux
> running on it for a couple of weeks. I've tried Fedora Core 6, Ubuntu
> 6.06 and 6.10, Mepis 6.0, and Suse SLED 10. I've had problems with
> wireless on all but Suse. On all of the other distributions I have not
> been able to resolve. By installing the Atheros driver from MadWifi I
> could get an IP address, but performance was terrible. I'd like to run
> Ubuntu if I could get past this problem. If anybody has experienced
> this and found a solution I'd really appreciate you passing along your
> solution.
>
> Thanks,

I'm running ubuntu edgy on a T60p right now.  But the wireless is a
ipw3945 card.  I used to use madwifi - which was a bit trick to get
running but worked fine in the end.  I think you use the distribution
you like and then post the specific trouble you're having.
(ie i can load the madwifi driver but the card will not associate with
my access point)

Best wishes

Brad