[ltp] what to use to save battery

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:49:11 +0200

--0F1p//8PRICkK4MW

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:11:39PM +0200, Florian Manschwetus wrote:
> Andrew Barr wrote:
> >On Tue, 2006-09-05 at 10:36 -0500, matthew.garman@gmail.com wrote:
> >>Trying to help elaborate some of the points below...

> >>    I.e., to avoid running your actual hard drive.  Use SD, compact
> >>    flash, a "thumb" or "jump" drive, etc.  The basic principle is
> >>    to use a low-power device (which your hard drive is not) for
> >>    storage.
> >
> >Don't forget that having active USB devices prevents CPU powersaving.
> no problem here (t60) and for cpu throttling forget userspace deamons=20
> just use ondemand or powersave governor of kernel powermanagement.

I just played around with the governors and found out, that the powersave
and the performance governor makt my system hang on suspend.

it does not properly suspend when one of those is active. the others are ok.

I think I rememer having read a bugreport on this issue but I can't find it
again.

gruss
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

please encrypt your mail to me