[ltp] Re: strange resume behaviour

David Abrahams linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 06 Sep 2006 19:02:04 -0400

Martin Lorenz <martin@lorenz.eu.org> writes:

> yes, I already asked a lot of questions here and I am sorry to add another
> one...
>
> since today afternoon I can no longer resume from suspend-to-ram.
> I played around a bit with my xorg.conf and installed the new i810 driver
> for X. I am not aware to have changed anything else.
>
> now the symptom: when I suspend to ram and resume all seems to be ok, except
> that I don't get my screen back.
>
> More specifically: The machine is still responsive and I can shutdown
> blindly but I can do nothing to switch the screen back on.

Been there; done that.  On my machine I needed

  MODULES="fglrx"

in /etc/default/acpi-support if I wanted to get my screen back.
Essentially, IIUC, this means the module is unloaded just before
suspend and reloaded just before resume.

I have the strange behavior that I often can't wake up fully from resume
until I've pressed the blue "Fn" key.  A total mystery to me, but not
a showstopper.  Still, I wish I understood why this was happening.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting