[ltp] power button on X60s

Sat, 09 Sep 2006 23:55:43 +1000

--=-Whwx2F9UQNNawrfq2Ga5

Hi,

> The power button on my X60s (1702-55G) dosen't do anything...
> well, it does a hard power off, when pressed more than 4 secs. that one i=
> OK, but I thought it should generate an ACPI event when pressed shorter.
>=20
> I don't see any in my acpid log.
> it simply does nothing.
>=20
> is this normal behaviour? is it configurable?

on my T41p the power button creates an ACPI event after about 3 seconds
and does the hard power off after about 5 seconds. What you can do is
have the according acpi script give you some feedback (i.e. with a beep)
when you pressed the button long enough.

Andr=E9.

--=-Whwx2F9UQNNawrfq2Ga5

--=-Whwx2F9UQNNawrfq2Ga5--