[ltp] power button on X60s

Martin Lorenz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:53:36 +0200

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Sat, Sep 09, 2006 at 11:55:43PM +1000, Andr=E9 Wyrwa wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> > The power button on my X60s (1702-55G) dosen't do anything...
> > well, it does a hard power off, when pressed more than 4 secs. that one=
 is
> > OK, but I thought it should generate an ACPI event when pressed shorter.
> >=20
> > I don't see any in my acpid log.
> > it simply does nothing.
> >=20
> > is this normal behaviour? is it configurable?
>=20
> on my T41p the power button creates an ACPI event after about 3 seconds
> and does the hard power off after about 5 seconds. What you can do is

not really a convenient behaviour...
is this configurable?

> have the according acpi script give you some feedback (i.e. with a beep)
> when you pressed the button long enough.
>=20
and hope I have enough time to release it before it goes boom ;-)

thanks for the hint

greets
  mlo
--
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Lorenz

            They that can give up essential liberty=20
	    to obtain a little temporary safety=20
	    deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                                   Benjamin Franklin

please encrypt your mail to me