[ltp] T42p / FireGL T2 / Render Acceleration

Carlos Moffat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 09:55:55 -0400

Hi All,

I'm using radeon driver (open source) in my T42p (kernel 2.6.17).
Everything works fine, but I was wondering about this message in the
Xorg log:

(II) RADEON(0): Render acceleration unsupported on Radeon 9500/9700 and
newer.
(II) RADEON(0): Render acceleration disabled

I'm using Debian/Sid, which contains the libgl-mesa-dri passage with
what appears to be a relatively recent CVS (version is
6.5.0.cvs.20060524-1) package of the r300_dri driver, as well as a
recent ati driver. Direct rendering works fine.

My question is: Is the above message from X.log the expected for this
hardware, so that there's no support for acceleration right now, or can
I get my hands on a newer driver? If somebody has this working, can you
share your secret?

Thanks,
Carlos