[ltp] TPM Howto?

Matthias Himber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 15:22:27 +0200

--nextPart19014188.DmlhLPCs4u

> Does anybody know of a decent guide to install an use the TPM module on
> a Thinkpad? I've been looking around and most of the stuff is about
> installing Trousers and stuff, but nothing about actually using it.
Good luck with that. I tried two or three times over the last two years, bu=
t=20
documentation of any kind seems to be not just lacking, but completely=20
nonexistant.
In the end, you will probably be better of buying an USB eToken or some oth=
er=20
smartcardlike device and using that instead. It'll cost you money and be le=
s=20
comfortable to use (what with having to plug in in everytime you boot), but=
=20
at least those things are documented.
Otherwise, good luck with your search. You'll need it.
	- Matthias
--=20
My parents went to Niagara Falls and all I got was this crummy life.