[ltp] [Thinkpad X31] Fan speed = 0

Tue, 03 Apr 2007 17:40:30 +0100

Maxime DANIS wrote:
> Hello Everybody.
>
> I have the feeling that the fan(s) of my thinkpad X31 is/are never used?

I also have an X31, and it does run very quiet. If you are in a cool
environment, and only make light use of the CPU, it's perfectly
reasonable to expect the fan to stay off - so enjoy the silence.

(If you want to test, run `nice yes > /dev/null` in a terminal and watch
the CPU usage hit 100%; it will remain responsive though. Keep an eye on
the temperature, and the fan.)

HTH,

Richard