[ltp] Random beeps

Norman Walsh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Apr 2007 12:37:02 -0400

--=-=-=

For those who recall my earlier fan issues, the machine is now back
From=20IBM warranty repair and the fan is both (a) operational and (b)
quiet. :-)

When my T42p came back, I decided to install Ubuntu Feisty Fawn on it.
Everything went smoothly, but now I have this very odd problem where
the machine "beeps" periodically.

At first I thought it was a keyboard issue (random key presses being
generated causing Emacs, my most popular app, to beep because the key
made no sense; I can simulate this behavior by pushing random function
keys). Partly, I thought this because I did experience odd mouse
behavior once or twice where pushing a mouse button caused the mouse
to move several inches northwest.

Anyone have any thoughts?

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm