[ltp] WARNING - Linux and ThinkVantage's Rescue & Recovery

Phil linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2007 10:54:41 +0100

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
It's a real pain on a T60 with SATA disks, as if you boot from a
Windows CD it can't see the hard disk (I was trying to restore a
Windows partition).<br>
After much grief I found the solution was to switch the controller to
'compatibility' mode in the bios, install windows, and then download
and install latest sata drivers from Lenovo. The sata drivers included
with Windows XP SP2 don't work with the T60 unless it's in
compatibility mode.<br>
Interestingly Ubuntu boot had no problem at all. In fact a vanilla
Ubuntu 7.1 installed out of the box, and everything (including suspend
to ram) worked fine.<br>
Cheers<br>
Phil<br>