[ltp] USB ports in docking station don't work

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 14:47:40 +1000

--=-XFm19IssealgLifL0Un/

Hei,

> Next I proceeded to install XUBUNTU and after installation once again
> the memory stick was instantly recognised by the T23 when it wasn't
> docked but when docked and the station port is used the T23 has no idea
> that its there.
>=20
> Can anyone shed some light on this as I now have a regular need for it
> and am unable to get on with my life (some people say I need to get one
> in the first place but ho hum)

All i figured when i had a T23 with dock myself is here:

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Installing_LFS_on_a_ThinkPad_T23#Docking_Stat=
ion_.28Type_2631.29

However, you can try some diagnostics like using lsusb and lspci to see
if your systems knows about the ports. Alternatively, browse the /proc
interfaces directly at /proc/bus/usb and /proc/ioports. Furthermore, you
can check the output of hal-device or use a graphical tool like
hal-device-manager to check for the presence of the usb ports.

If they aren't recognized, try checking your kernel options, the dock
port has a pci bridge that may need to be particularly supported. But i
wouldn't really know about that since for me it kinda just worked.

Andr=E9.

--=-XFm19IssealgLifL0Un/

--=-XFm19IssealgLifL0Un/--