[ltp] Thinkpad x61 Tablet (irq 20: nobody cared)

Rob Kendrick linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:50:40 +0100

Hendrik-Jan Heins wrote:
>>> Hmm, maybe you could do an "lsmod" and show which modules are loaded?
>> The Ubuntu kernels are very modular by default - pretty much everything
>> is a module.  http://www.rjek.com/x61t-7.04-lsmod.txt has a listing of
>> what is loaded.
>>

> Just a first impression (I haven't got the X61 with me now to compare
> with my own modules).
> But What I noticed is that you've got some extra acpi modules loaded and vesafb.
> These are the ones I think are somewhat suspicious:
>
> i915 plus vesafb !!!
> tileblit
> fbcon (and all related modules)
> pci_hotplug
> shpchp
> mbcache
> asus_acpi
> sony_acpi
> pcc_acpi
> tc1100_wmi

As a follow up, I have experimented.  I took the set of modules from the
above that are loaded on a normal boot but are not loaded with
init=/bin/bash (where suspending works), and tried removing them on a
normal boot.  Suspend still fails, so I suspect something else is at
fault :-/

(mbcache is depended on by ext3, so I couldn't remove that.)

B.