[ltp] second graficcard and dockII

Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:59:05 -0400

On 8/11/07, Henning Matthes <HMATTHES@de.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I got a dock II for my T43p and want to connect two external monitors. First
> I looked
> for a dual head PCI card the only I found is the old matrox G450. But is it
> possible to
> put a normal ATI card into the dockII and use it with the internal grafic
> card?

yes.  you can put a pci video card in the dock and use it.  As an
alternative, you can grab the latest radeon randr-1.2 branch and have
full control over all the outputs on the laptop and dock.  so, you can
turn off the laptop panel and enable the VGA and DVI ports on the dock
if you like.  you can even write a script to change the output
automatically when you dock or undock.

Alex