[ltp] cd burning on T60 destroys cds

Mihai Călin Bazon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:16:18 +0300

My T60p never screwed up one disk.  I'm using Debian/unstable (which
proves, day after day, to be very rock stable).  I burn CDs with K3B,
but Gnome's burner (Nautilus?) and XCDRoast have always worked fine as
well.

In your place, I'd try first upgrading to a newer distro (Ubuntu 6.10
is quite old AFAIR, try 7.04); if that doesn't work, also try building
your own bleeding-edge kernel.  ;-)

-M.