[thinkpad] [ltp] QTParted fails with 'Operation not supported' during NTFS resize [SOLVED]

Linux NG/Lists linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:16:43 -0500

lou wrote:
> Good input, I had used True Images Disk Director, but not from a "dirty
> drive".
> Good luck with the T61, I have Kubuntu Feisty Fawn on mine and enough
> stuff working to make it quite likable. I had to upgrade the kernel to
> get the wireless recognized. I also switched to the nVidia drivers. Now
> using VMWare WS 6.0 (installs with anyany patch) and a W2K VM to do some
> VFP 9.0 support and other development stuff when necessary. Suspend to
> RAM is still iffy and I have not pursued sound (not working) or
> brightness control yet. Thunderbird and such are fine and there is now a
> package to make popfile much easier to install.

I'm a FC fan from back when it was called RedHat 6. :) So far it's doing
OK, except for the widescreen. I thought I had sound working, but I've
been configuring machines all weekend and evidently I got sound working
on ANOTHER box.

Haven't looked at the XP/VFP side yet... another day. I'm considering
trying a move to FC7, but not tonight. :)

Whil Hentzen
Milwaukee WI