[ltp] Dual Monitor setup with FireGL on T60p

Bill Moseley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Dec 2007 21:17:00 -0800

I'm using the fglrx driver on Gutsy and if I disable xgl
I can plug in a second monitor and restart X and have dual monitors.
But, they are separate screens and windows cannot be moved between
the two.

I see the radeon driver has options to run Xinerama-like setup with
different resolutions on the screens (and to enable hotkeys).

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Additional_options_for_the_radeon_driver

Not sure if that applies to my card, but I'm curious if anyone can
explain (or point me to an explanation) of what's possible with the
FireGL and the fglrx driver to get Xinerama working, and be able to
switch displays with fn-F7.

Thanks,

Here's my current config:

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "aticonfig-Monitor[1]"
	Option	    "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
	Option	    "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
	Option	    "DPMS" "true"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "aticonfig-Device[0]"