[ltp] R61 touchpad not recognized in Ubuntu

Ugo Riboni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 21:16:22 +0100

> Ugo, I just used the default configuration from readme.alps for synaptics [cut]

I am still stuck on the problem that causes the 3 buttons above the
touchpad to not work properly.
I found out the following, in the meantime:
- hold down one of the 3 buttons and move touchpad, hold is lost
- hold down one of the 3 buttons and move trackpoint, hold is maintained
- hold down one of the 2 buttons below touchpad and move touchpad,
hold is maintained
- hold down one of the 2 buttons below touchpad and move trackpoint,
hold is lost

This seems more of a problem in how X.org is configured more than a
drivers issue like suspected.
However i'm not very experienced in xorg configuration.

Can anyone with more experience please give a look at my xorg.conf at
the address below, and tell me if something obviously wrong is going
on ?
http://pastebin.ca/805926

Remember, i'm trying to use touchpad as primary pointing device with
synaptics driver, and leave trackpoint in ps2 emu and as secondary
pointer (i don't use trackpoint much but i don't want to disable in
bios either, if possible)

Thanks,
--
Ugo