[ltp] nVidia Quadro NVS 140M and opensource driver

Sébastien Mazy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 14:32:30 +0100

Hi,

Yes, it works well (on a R61 with 1680x1050 screen). Here are the
versions I use :
xf86-video-nv 2.1.6
xorg-server 1.4

RandR 1.2 is also supported (unlike with nvidia driver) but when I
tested it with a dual screen configuration, the primary monitor (ie
the one with gnome-panel) was the external CRT. As far as I know, it's
not possible to tell RandR which monitor is the primary one (between
LVDS and CRT).

Also, I came back to the proprietary driver because nv does not
provide Xv with G80s and it is not planned, as it would be processed
by the 3d engine.

Sébastien