[ltp] Latency with ssh connections

Jan Kundrát linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 09 Dec 2007 20:10:41 +0100

--------------enig0FE1EA4EE3DB724C2742EDE6

Bill Moseley wrote:
> Anyone by chance seen anything like this?  Short of a stiff drink, any
> ideas what to try?

Well, IIRC I used to have similar troubles on my T60. After a bit of
googling, I've found a workaround that works for me, and it's to add
"RxIntDelay=3D5" as a parameter for e1000. A colleague of mine has an X60=

with similar (same?) ethernet chip and this workaround didn't work for
him, but AFAIK he managed to achieve reasonable performance with other
parameters (`modinfo e1000` for a list of them, and Intel has some
documentation on its web, IIRC).

Cheers,
-jkt

--=20