[ltp] Latency with ssh connections

Bill Moseley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Dec 2007 11:47:08 -0800

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 08:10:41PM +0100, Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Anyone by chance seen anything like this?  Short of a stiff drink, any
> > ideas what to try?
>
> Well, IIRC I used to have similar troubles on my T60. After a bit of
> googling, I've found a workaround that works for me, and it's to add
> "RxIntDelay=5" as a parameter for e1000. A colleague of mine has an X60
> with similar (same?) ethernet chip and this workaround didn't work for
> him, but AFAIK he managed to achieve reasonable performance with other
> parameters (`modinfo e1000` for a list of them, and Intel has some
> documentation on its web, IIRC).

Well, that didn't work.  I found other posts recommending a delay of
32, too.   And also InterruptThrottleRate=0,0.  None worked.

My machine has a 1.08 BIOS from April 30, 2007.

 http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-67020.html

has 1.12 from November 10th.  I read some reports that an upgraded
BIOS might fix the problem.  So, I might try that, although I'd agree
is kind of seems like the e1000 issue.

I wish I had a pcmcia ethernet card and see if the problem shows up
there, too.

It's just so weird that turning off the monitor with dpms make the
problem go away.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org