[ltp] x31, dualview with xrandr and 1680x1050

Mon, 17 Dec 2007 16:21:48 -0500

On Dec 17, 2007 4:07 PM, come se fosse antani <antani@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 17, 2007 9:39 PM, Alex Deucher <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> 60

> vram
> depth

> the
> > > one

> > > 1440x900

> > > can you point me to some resource to understand how the radeon/intel hw
> > > works and which external resolution can I obtain?
> >
> > http://www.intellinuxgraphics.com/dualhead.html
> >

> thank you for the link.
> In that page I can't found any information about the limit (of xrandr's
> virtual size) that can reach the video chipset or how can I calculate it.
> in the hardware  matrix I found only one laptop with my chipset, the 855GM.
> it's a Dell Latitude D505 and the user says that he was able with
> 915resolution to set the res to 1400x1050. Googling for this laptop I found
> that the 15'' has an internal LCD with a max res of 1400x1050, so I would
> guess that he's not speaking about external resolution.
> I tried with gutsy with the new xorg configuration tools (for both internal
> and external resolution) but with no luck: either the external LCD gives me
> a "input not supported" or X.org doesnt start at all.
> can you give some (more) resources to read to understand this points?

The max 3D surface on the i945 and below is 2048x2048.  I *think* you
can use total desktop larger than that (by specifying a larger virtual
size) but you won't be able to use 3D.  For i965 the limit is
8192x8192.  You don't need to worry about applications like
915resolution or 855resolution any more since the newer intel drivers
have full mode setting support.

Alex