[ltp] New intel driver and TV-out = no color

Fredrik Wendt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Dec 2007 23:01:55 +0100

> [snip] the newer intel drivers
> have full mode setting support.

But they don't produce colour on the TV output (a greyscale version
shows up instead). I need to run the old i810 driver to watch stuff on
TV (which I do quite often: large family/viewers, lots of photos, small
laptop, large TV).

I'm using Gutsy and the computer is a Z61t (type 9443-4GG) and I live in
Sweden/Europe so the TV is PAL.

lspci tells me

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS/GME, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

and with -n

00:02.0 0300: 8086:27a2 (rev 03)
00:02.1 0380: 8086:27a6 (rev 03)

I'd be glad if anyone could tell me I'm wrong and that it should work.

Thanks in advance,

	Fredrik Wendt