[ltp] T61 Feedback noise

John Jason Jordan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Dec 2007 09:59:01 -0800

For the past week or so I have been hearing a wailing noise and I can't
figure out where it's coming from or what is causing it. The sound is
exactly like the sound a microphone makes in an auditorium when being
set up and the volume is too loud or some other component needs to be
reoriented - that is, it comes and goes and it fades in and out as I
move my hands around the computer. It happens only at home when the
computer is docked in the mini-dock, so it must have something to do
with the dock.

It started a week or so ago. Unfortunately, I make five or ten changes
to the computer every day, installing, uninstalling things, changing
settings, and so on. It happens even right after booting when no
applications have been launched yet.

Has anyone else ever experienced this?