[ltp] KUBUNTU Install

skipper linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:25:33 +0200

Hi All,

There are two installs - the one via Windows and the Alternative
install. If I do an Alternative install there's no KDE Desktop - I just
have a root or user prompt. The only good news for me is that I can
install via grub.

I'd like to install via the version 6 KUBUNTU and have the KDE desktop -
but I'm not running windows.

I also have a USB CD - I may add that I have to reinstall Linspire 5
just so I can send this e-mail!

Here is the issue: I have a USB CD/RW which the bios does not boot from
- but via grub with the contents of a CD copied to the hard disk I can
either install Linspire or KUBUNTU Alternative CD but no KDE desktop
gets installed - why I don't know.

I want to install KUBUNTU 6 with KDE. I have tried to use grub but it
stalls looking for an operating system - there must be a way round this
issue - which is simple.

I don't have the option of another laptop - but I do have access over a
network though KUBUNTU Desktop has no network install.

The other option is if the Alternative KUBUNTU installs how can I
install the KDE files that exist on the hard disk and on the CD? Why do
they not install?

Happy New Year To All!

Regards,

David