[ltp] Regression on ibm-acpi bay support on the sf.net releases

Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:10:41 -0200

I have just noticed that the T60p bay suport patch uncovered a bad design
bug in the ibm-acpi bay handling, that causes a regression (ibm-acpi bay
support will not work on the T43 and many others).  It will work on the
t60p, though :-p

The workaround is to revert that patch.  I am working on a proper fix, but
it may take a few days as I need to change the way bay_init() works
completely.  As a bonus, the bay_init rework will probably fix the
long-standing bug of bay support not finding the bay when the machine boots
with a battery in the bay.

  Henrique Holschuh