[ltp] ibm_acpi and Fn-F3 etc don't work

Rob Hess linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 01:45:02 +0000

> I want the Fn-F3 combination to blank the screen, so I continued nevertheless. Created
>
> /etc/acpi/actions/Fn-F3.sh
>
> Code:
> xset +dpms
> xset dpms force off
>
> But nothing happens.
>
> Any ideas? Thanks very much in advance.

One problem might be that the user trying to execute this script might
not have privileges on your X display.  When I wanted to do X stuff
from my acpi scrips, e.g. display switching, I had to add these lines
at the top:

export DISPLAY=:0.0
export XAUTHORITY=/home/hess/.Xauthority

Something like this might help.  Judging from other messages in this
thread, it sounds like you might have additional problems, though.

-Rob