[ltp] Minimal wattage?

Damien Challet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:01:17 +0100

Dear All,

I think that it would be interesting to all to report the minimal power
consumption of various models, so as to have reference point when tuning
one's system. A page on thinkwiki could be set up.

This is also interesting with respect to the efforts of some kernel devs to
reduce power consumption of e.g. the T60.

The conditions should be the same. I propose therefore to measure the
consumption idle, no wifi, hdd spun down, minimum brightness: this is what
one might use when working on the move e.g. in a train.

Let me start:

T41p: 8.3W, fglrx no dri, aticonfig powerstate 1, undervolt (does not change
much), Ubuntu 6.10, KDE.

Yours

Damien