[ltp] X60 or X60s?

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Feb 2007 14:10:49 -0500

--=-oc8sD998NAjd+188MIZA

On Tue, 2007-02-13 at 18:36 +0000, Simon Williams wrote:
> What is it with the world and constantly upgrading for office work and
> web browsing?

The common misconception I hear time and time again when I'm in the
electronics stores (even used as a sales pitch by many of them) is that
if you get a faster machine, your Internet browsing will be faster.=20

If you want to browse the Internet as fast as possible, get the fastest
processor and RAM you can afford... or so the misconception goes.=20

I have an old G3 here with the latest, greatest OS X on it, and its very
VERY snappy for browsing, flash, general "office" use, and my daughter's
games.

Its a 350Mhz machine. _megahertz_. My Palm Treo is faster than this
entire machine, and yet there is zero lag, and my "Internet" is just as
fast as it is on my 3.2Ghz AMD64 machine.=20

--=20
David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
Skype username: setuid
http://gnu-designs.com
=E2=80=9DThe palest ink is better than the most retentive memory.=E2=80=9D
                                   - Old Chinese Proverb

--=-oc8sD998NAjd+188MIZA

--=-oc8sD998NAjd+188MIZA--