[ltp] X60 or X60s?

Tue, 13 Feb 2007 20:06:21 +0000

Matt Graham wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 February 2007 13:42, after a long battle with technology,
> michael@michaelshiloh.com wrote:
>>> Processor speed is totally irrelevant unless you are going to be
>>> doing some intensive task- such as compiling or gaming.
>>> What is it with the world and constantly upgrading for office work
>>> and web browsing?

Why can't we get OpenOffice to open in < 0.5 seconds on a fast machine
yet? Come on Intel, where are the 20GHz Pentium VIIIs that we should
have by now?

Seriously though, having a better processor shouldn't significantly
affect you battery life, *provided* that you have power-management set
up optimally. Most of the time, your CPU will be idle, but it's nice to
have the option of an occasional burst of speed.

Richard

P.S. For those running KDE, I highly recommend the System Monitor system
tray Applet.