[ltp] hibernate-ram corrupts Xorg (horizontal lines)

Matthias Runge linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 20:32:15 +0100

------=_Part_24142_2515287.1171827135273

Hello,

i have seen such results using AIGLX and desktop effects enabled on my fc6
system. Sometimes the window decoration is defective (showing different
colored lines), sometimes Xorg shows colored lines at screens top and
bottom. This is correct, if I don't use desktop effects.

Afaik, after suspend the video ram has to be initialized again. his should
be done by suspend/wakeup. My first steps would include looking for a
program to re-initialize the video ram (please correct me, if I'm wrong)

Did you try another kernel?

Matthias