[ltp] Goodbye to Linux on my Thinkpad :-(

Laurent Gilson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:30:07 +0100

Hello,

I'm sorry you had to find it out the hard way round.

> It took me ages to find out that I shall not use 0:2:1 but 0:2:0 for
> the second head :-) (or I get a fancy message stating VESA BIOS checksum
> wrong).

Most of the time the tags busid, HorizSync and VertRefresh are not needed.
The last 2 are only really needed if you have a card that cannot read DDC
or a old monitor connected via BNC. The busid is only for systems with
more then 1 card of the same type (not a dual-headed one but 2 real,
seperate cards). There are nearly 0 drivers that cannot autodetect the
correct busid on-the-fly.

I cannot understand why the auto-config-create tools still include these 3
tags on desktop systems with only 1 gfx-card.

cu