[ltp] Gentoo Linux on T42p, two problems

Matt Graham linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 09:22:10 -0500

After a long battle with technology, Eric Munson wrote:
> > I have Gentoo [...] on a T42p
[snip graphics problems]
> > My second problem is sound no longer works after a fresh boot until
> > I run the alsaconf script.  Afterwards it works fine, where can I
> > start looking for the cause of this?

This is weird.  After running alsaconf, there should be
an /etc/modules.d/alsa file created with the line "alias snd-card-0
snd-intel8x0" in it.  You should've done "rc-update add alsasound
default" so that the alsasound script starts up at boot.  Also, check
in /etc/conf.d/alsasound to make sure that the thing isn't being muted
on boot.  I have had absolutely no problems with sound on my Gentoo
T42p so I don't know exactly where else to look here.

--
   This is my rifle, this is my GNU
   This is for fighting, this is for $FOO!