[ltp] flashing 2915ABG for R40

Matt Herzog linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 22:18:41 -0500

Hi Folks.

I have a R40 model 2681-K9G that came without any mini-pci card so I
bought an Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG mini-pci card for it. When I
discovered that it would not work in my Thinkpad I came to this site to
see if there was a fix. Seemed like there was, so I bought a
mini-pci-to-PCI adapter and installed the card(s) in my desktop system.
Now I need to know what vendor and device ID strings to use when I flash the
card's BIOS. Anyone know any that work in a R40? Is there some way to dump the
contents of /dev/nvram?

Does this http://www.dagarlas.org/stuff/computing/article0001.php really
work with Intel 2915ABG cards? It's not completely clear it will . . . .

Thanks.

--

No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism.

 -- Winston Churchill