[ltp] Ubuntu on thinkpad A22M

Benjamin Buch linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 12 Jan 2007 11:18:42 +0100

Am Freitag, den 12.01.2007, 09:24 +0000 schrieb ted frater:
> Hi All,
> Weve downloaded to CD Ubuntu 6.10 and tried to install on the above
> Tpad. 10 gig HD and 128m memory P3 850..
> However we cannot get even to the installer stage for some reason. Is
> there some bug somewhere which prevents this installation? on thinkpads?

Which version of ubuntu did you try out? Since you have less than 198 mb
of RAM, you should use the "alternate" version of the ubuntu install-cd.
This version comes with more options for the installation process.
You could also try xubuntu, it comes with a slighter window-manager and
is perhaps more fun to work with (afterwards, when you have it
installed).

Benjamin