[ltp] Ubuntu on thinkpad A22M

Fri, 12 Jan 2007 12:24:57 +0000

ted frater wrote:

> So we tried it U 6.10 on a Packard Bell weve here, (rescued from the
> local dump its like an old banger with the exhaust fallen off, ( what
> aheap of hardware junk!!) it has a pentium 4 desktop chip in it with
> wdoze XP on an NTFS partition. The U6.io hangs at the repartition point
> as the PB has a ntfs file system.

This probably means that the last time you shut down Windows, the
shutdown was unclean, hence the NTFS partition is marked as "dirty".  Or
maybe you are trying to squeeze the WinXP partition too small - allow
500MB of headroom. Better still, just blow away XP altogether.

Richard

P.S. with the A22p, could you possibly be having media issues (eg CDR
incompatibility, or a dirty lens?)